Hi from Australia :)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Papillon

Papillon

• 2 posts
  • Local time: 11:21 PM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

Hi all, I'm new to miniatures although I've dreamed of making my own little house since I was a little girl. I just bought the Glencroft and the Orchid houses and am so excited to get started. I've now realised I have to start with painting walls and wallpapering, so I'm patiently leaving everything in the box until I buy my supplies. This looks like a great forum, its nice to be here and meet you all :) Sarah

#2 CheckMouse

CheckMouse

Miss Lenora, made by Wolfie

• Platinum Member
  • 3508 posts
  • Local time: 04:51 AM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:55 AM

WELCOME to the Greenleaf mini-family, Sarah – so glad you joined us! We love to share news, pictures, and ideas on all things miniature! :gathering:

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford

Micro Build Blog: http://www.greenleaf...blog&blogid=115

My Flickr Albums . . . . . . .www.etsy.com/shop/CheckMouseMinis

#3 Bogie

Bogie

• Gold Member
  • 71 posts
  • Local time: 04:51 AM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:08 AM

You will LOVE the Glencroft. It's a bit complicated but go slow and you will have a wonderful treasure. I am absolutely enjoying mine. Have fun!!

#4 Papillon

Papillon

• 2 posts
  • Local time: 11:21 PM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

Thanks so much for the welcome :) I really can't wait to get stuck in! Hopefully the Orchid will come in the mail soon and I may start on that one first, it seems like it will be less complicated. Its a bit nerve racking at first isn't it! I've been looking at wallpapers online today, it is all so much fun!!

#5 havanaholly

havanaholly

Cousin Farfrom Normal, Queen of Spackle

• Team Master Builder
  • 54616 posts
  • Local time: 06:51 AM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

Welcome to the little family, Sarah! I've built both kits.

...I just bought the Glencroft and the Orchid houses and...I have to start with painting walls and wallpapering, so I'm patiently leaving everything in the box until I buy my supplies...

No, you don't. First you take your rolls of masking tape or painter's tape and your knife and put them with the kit whilst you use the "search" feature to read over all the "getting started" threads so you will have read over the instructions a few times, seen what supplies you really need to start, and then read over all the building blogs for both the Glencroft and the Orchid (there are two building blogs for the Orchid ; note that each underline is actually a link you can click on to take you to the blogs).

...Hopefully the Orchid will come in the mail soon and I may start on that one first, it seems like it will be less complicated...

Each kit has its own challenges. Read the instructions aand do dry fitting until you understand what you need to do; come on here and ask all the questions you need to; and check the "Question about a Particular House" subforums for others' experiences building both kits.
havanaholly
working as little as possible

#6 mesp2k

mesp2k

Scratch Builder

• Platinum Member
  • 1906 posts
  • Local time: 07:51 AM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hi & Welcome Sarah !

Mike

Etsy Shop - Mike's Miiatures

My Blog

...On the Verge of a Nervous Breakthrough...

#7 LLyn M.

LLyn M.

Dinky WaffleDoodle

• Platinum Member
  • 5300 posts
  • Local time: 07:51 AM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hi Sarah and welcome to the Greenleaf Forum.Two great projects you have there and many new friends here to help you with them!! :wave:

LLyn M.

"Oh to live on Sugar Mountain,with the barkers and the colored balloons..."
Neil Young

#8 m1nn1e_0

m1nn1e_0

• Silver Member
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 11:51 PM

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hi Sarah,

I'm a new member from Australia too. I actually just ordered the orchid kit last night myself and it is estimated to arrive early August... Very excited!

Where in Australia are you living? I'm very keen to join a club in my area or even start one myself but not really sure where to start.

I live in Sydney, out by the Blue Mountains.
mini hugs to you xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users