A Plea To Greenleaf...

raspberry

Quick fix : shared bedroom & Bunk beds :bigwink:

LOL love it! Would work great till they're teenagers then I'd have to choose which kid has to move out...can't expect me to get rid of a dollhouse room after all those years could you!? Heehee

It's the Vineyard Cottage I'd love to see in half scale. I really like the other little half scale houses and would love to see several more of the bigger houses in half scale but if it came down to one wish it would be the Vineyard Cottage. I have a couple tiny friends begging for the big one and it is just tooooooo big for them :)

1/2 scale sure sounds like a great space saver.

I just don't know whether my clumsy old hands could do it justice

since I already have troubles with 1:12 scale.

But the biggest draw back for me is the poor selection and lack of really nice looking furniture, trims, accessories, etc.

I echo the pleas...I would adore some of the more complex, detailed kits (e.g. Beacon Hill) in 1:24 scale! There are more and more unique options for half scale furniture (including kits) and deco. I would definitely prefer laser cut having worked with both.

Thanks to the folks at GL for everything they do to support the mini-obsessed! :D

While we're sending our smoke-signals to Greenleaf - I'd like to see more in the 1:144 scale. I have become totally fascinated with this scale and I'm amazed at how much can be done with it. AND - they will fit inside the 1:12 scales mansions, that are already taking up space :lol:

I think Northeastern Scale Lumber makes the 1:144 versions of the GL kits. And yes, the Victorianna is the 1:24 version of the McKinley, and we were promised it would be the first discontinued kit to be rereleased several years ago...

I think Northeastern Scale Lumber makes the 1:144 versions of the GL kits. And yes, the Victorianna is the 1:24 version of the McKinley, and we were promised it would be the first discontinued kit to be rereleased several years ago...

Yes, I have a few of those - like the Garfield. They have some beautiful little houses!

Here are the ones I have that are strictly furniture patterns (1:12 scale):

Design and Make Your Own Dollhouse Furniture by Headley Holgate & Pamela Ruddock (the kitchen table in the pub kitchen is from this book):

gallery_8_8_11792.jpg

Reproducing Furniture in Miniature by Ann Kimball Pipe is mostly techniques. Some of her pieces are on display in the miniature museum in St Louis, MO.

Making Miniature Furniture: The essential guide to producing exquisite furniture in 1/12th scale by John Davenport (1:12 cabinetry techniques, I aspire to this level of work!)

Early American Dollhouse Miniatures by Gerald E. Jensen is mostly furniture with a very few accessories.

Make Your Own Dolls; House Furniture by Maurice Harper; pictures of the dining table and sideboard I scaled down to 1:24 for the Fairfields never got burned to CD so I them here.

Making 1/12 Scale Wicker Furniture for the Dolls' House by Sheila Smith is what I used to make the kitchen table & chairs for Maggie:

gallery_8_988_239687.jpg

Making Upholstered Furniture in 1/12 Scale by Janet Storey got used a LOT to make 1:24 furniture for the Fairfields.

Reproducing Period Furniture and Accessories in Miniature by Virginia Merrill and Susan Merrill Richardson has 35 patterns, some charted designs and a lot of how-to basics.

Joan McElroy's Dolls' House Furniture Book includes a section of patterns to make cut, folded & pasted paper dh furniture.

Furnish a Doll's House by Michal Morse actually has a few chapters of furniture patterns.

Thirties and Forties Miniatures in 1:12 Scale by Jane Harrop has patterns for furniture and accessories appropriate to that period.

Making Doll's House Miniatures with Polymer Clay by Sue Heaser includes patterns & directions for making a kitchen range and Belfast sink out of polymer clay and got me started making all my plumbing fixtures out of polymer clay.

Make and Furnish Your Own Miniature Rooms by Marian Maeve O'Brien includes patterns for room boxes that can be made into a modular dh, as well as for several items of furniture.

And then there's the very first dh DIY book I ever owned, although this one is actually my FOURTH copy, The New Dolls' House Do-It-Yourself Book by Venus & Martin Dodge which is especially nice if you wind up with a Keystone or other smaller than 1:12/ larger than 1:24 scale house, since all the furniture patterns are in both 1:12 AND 1:16 scale.

Finally I didn't list any of Patricia King'sbooks because all of her furniture, etc, is made from found objects, so no patterns per se. I might have two or three pieces of furniture duplicated in some of the books, but one of the things I look for is making items NOT included in my other books.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Since this post has popped to the top again, and we're still begging -

Please venture into the 1:144 scale.  I love the GL kits and workmanship, but would really like them in a smaller scale.  :bear: