Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Trying to decide upon exterior look, not sure right now, but we'll think of something...

Hugs

Oh, Those darn exteriors!!!.... Bricks? siding? paperclay? Tudor? Offbeat? Whimsical? Weathered? Whatever? :blahblah1:

I'm sure it will tell you Anna. They ALL seem to find their voice somewhere along the line...and then it really is :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1::bigwink:

Oh is has tld me allright, now how I will pull it all off, that is another question for sure, just might have to involve my FIL as expert helper on this look though...

Hugs

Been working on my Fling here. Although, no matter how much I have insisted that this will stay small, it keeps growing, and growing..... :swordfight: So many ideas, and so little time (and space) :wacko: the kit does have it's own mind. Love that about these kits.

Well I've struggled with inspiration this year. The fling's been in and out of its box and its now back in again. Today however, there is a germ of an idea growing but I so wanted to be unique, individual, surprising and most of all, interesting and this idea is none of those. Its obvious, its simple, it won't be bashed in any significant way, may have a bit of an addition but that will be minor. I'm still scratching my head over it and thinking of ways to make it more interesting but I may be "in" after all.

Well I've struggled with inspiration this year. The fling's been in and out of its box and its now back in again. Today however, there is a germ of an idea growing but I so wanted to be unique, individual, surprising and most of all, interesting and this idea is none of those. Its obvious, its simple, it won't be bashed in any significant way, may have a bit of an addition but that will be minor. I'm still scratching my head over it and thinking of ways to make it more interesting but I may be "in" after all.

Been there, Jo. Mine took several turns at being 'this', 'that'...and I finally had one of those "Aw heck...just do it the way YOU like" moments. I don't know if anyone else will 'get it', but I do...and that's all that matters to me.

I find that they are ALL unique and surprising in the end, even if some are 'the obvious' or duplicates. Everyone has their own special touchs added, so NONE are really the 'same'.

Besides, woman!!...you do such FABULOUS work - it will be awesome no matter what you choose to do, of that I am sure!!

• Like 1

Mine is STILL back in it's box. I just can't "love" any of my ideas.

They are all blah and boring and just don't fit my style.

Yikes !!!!

I just keep reminding myself that we used to do this with the announcement beginning the 1st day of Spring and the whole project done ending on Memorial Day.

So, I should still be OK time wise, as long as the lightening bolt that hits me is one that isn't too complicated.

I so want to love some of the 11 pages of ideas I created but nope - not happening.

Yet .....

I'm going to try to work on mine this weekend. I guess I'm lucky, the SF just happened to work with an idea I wanted to do for ages. Even if I don't enter, I hope I have a nice project to show when it's all said and done. I've been under alot of stress so I'm having trouble focusing on any one thing: I started the SF, an oil painting, a sock, another sock, finished a sock, and lots of photography.

Kathryn, I've watched for an update. Hope your sister is improving.

Do you knit socks??? Whatever.....socks, knitting, miniatures.........it's therapy of the best kind :) Our prayers are still with you. Sometimes flinging and praying are perfect together. I speak from experience :)

• Like 1

Kathryn, I've watched for an update. Hope your sister is improving.

Do you knit socks??? Whatever.....socks, knitting, miniatures.........it's therapy of the best kind :) Our prayers are still with you. Sometimes flinging and praying are perfect together. I speak from experience :)

We haven't heard anything. No one is answering the house phone or the cell, we've left messages... that's about all we can do. Thank you for caring, it means alot.

Y'up, I knit and I knit socks. I'm trying to perfect a heel on toe up socks, I either get baggy socks with no holes or perfect fit with holes. I'm aiming for perfect fit and no holes.

I'm playing with the Fling a bit, I just noticed my market stall is a little warped (my fault I'm sure).

I have mine out on my work table now. Why is it that after you dry fit it, the ideas and plans you had change. This kit is changing it's mind right before my eyes. Hmmmmm, now I need a ________ and at least 2 _________ . Looks like I got some shopping to do :)

I've never entered a contest before . . .my first try. After tossing around a couple of ideas, I was showing it to my sister (who is absolutely the least craft-minded person you could every meet) and she asked me why didn't I make it a __________________. It was an awesome idea, so hope I can pull it off.

I've cleaned up my hobby room and set up the SF. The other houses I'm working on got moved to the closet.

I have dry-fit it and am ready to get started; there's just this little thing like an 8-5 job that keeps me away. :(

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that this 'change' thing seems to affect.

My Fling has changed it's mind more times than I can count now...so mine just may be a metamorphosis, so to speak ...perpetually in progress and longing to be something else. :borg: OY

Tracy, I'm stickin' with ONE <she says, stamping her foot>...and like it or not...it WILL conform...<she says.... rather sheepishly>...oh boy, you know where THIS is goin'...

This 'resident' and I are at total odds...a true battle of wills.

So far...Resident 4 - Chris 0....<heavy sigh>

This "the customer is always right' stuff is just...&^$#*!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (Not to mention...expensive!) <double sigh>

Methinks I have opened Pandora's Box unknowingly and unleashed a small monster......who thinks money is no object, and 'traditional' is highly over-rated.

Have decided I am just along for the ride...and am merely the means to an end. SO BE IT! AMEN! I SURRENDER.........(someone, PLEASE, remind me of that 'surrender' part when I complain..again.)

• Like 1

Okay fine. My build just keeps arguing about one thing. But it's a big thing. So I sit and stare at what I have so far and wait, and wait, and wait for a solution. I can surrender. Sure. But..........the problem I'm seeing is that we all KEEP surrendering, then the silly kit changes ITS mind!

• Like 1

So today is a holiday in Spring Flingville at my house. Today is the birthday of the flings creator, Dean.....Happy Birthday Dean! And me too :) but I'm oldest :) DH says we get to attend a local mini show this weekend. Yea! The smaller scales show in Portland, Sunday. Waaaaaay cool. Maybe I will find a special something for my fling with all this birthday money :)