Lighting Dollhouse with Night Light Bulbs

mygrommi

I just created a new gallery with photos of how I added night light bulbs to my dollhouse to provide more light than the miniature fixtures provide. This may not appeal to everyone, but i like it. It is easier to see all the details in the dollhouse rooms with the extra light.

When I first made this dollhouse many years ago I wanted more light than the mini chandeliers and lamps provided so you could better see the details in the dollhouse rooms. So, I came up with this idea of putting one 4-watt night light bulb in the front corner of each room. I cut pieces of wood to mount the night light bulb sockets and glued the wood pieces in the front corners. I put another piece of wood (without a bulb and socket) in the opposite corner of the room for a symmetrical look. The sockets are wired together with stereo speaker wire with a plug attached to the end to plug into the wall.

I am renovating this dollhouse and had to rip out all the mini wiring as well as the night-light bulb wiring to do the renovation. I have recently finished re-installing the night-light bulb wiring system and these are the photos of the recent re-do. My next step is to install all the miniature light fixtures and lamps.

I purchased the night light sockets at a home improvement store. Most of the sockets are white, but this is a black one I painted white (not a very good paint job). I think I ended up having enough white ones that I did not have to use this one in the dollhouse. If i had used it in the dollhouse, I would have given it another coat of paint. The sockets are wired together with stereo speaker wire from room to room. Real-life lamp wire can be used, but it is larger than the stereo speaker wire and I like the smaller wire best.

I don't know how to attach a link to my gallery in this message, but here are a couple of the photos from the gallery.

Renea

post-2033-0-61612000-1350748345_thumb.jp

post-2033-0-20276100-1350748348_thumb.jp

One of my houses waiting to be rehabbed had the same type of lights on two levels. The cords were totally damaged so I had to pull it all out.

I love the size of your house, and the night lights appear to be doing the job you want them to. Looks good!