My working Radio

dwcole7

Thank you so much everyone!!!

Yes Holly, I used the pattern on Kris's blog here http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com/search?q=radio&updated-max=2012-11-19T20:20:00-06:00&max-results=20&start=1&by-date=false If it is new to anyone, this is such a great website!!!

I will have to work on a tutorial for the circuit board. :) Blessings, Wendy

• Like 1

When we moved to FL Grandpa left the old floor model console radio behind and bought a "little" table radio just like that one! I remember spending summers with them while my parents were at work, listening to all the old radio shows and playing with my paper dolls.

• Like 2

Great memories holly :) I remember sitting on the living room floor at my Grandparent's and playing paper dolls while Grandpa watched Gunsmoke. Perhaps Grandparents would get a little more quiet time if kids played with paper dolls more :)

Come to think of it, my Grandpa listened to every game 'his basketball team' played, on the radio, until he died just ten years ago. He always loved his radio. And yes, I plan on making a radio for my miniature friends :)

• Like 1

Wendy, there are a lot of CDs "out there" of the old radio shows that would be perfect if your radio is going into an older home. Two things I'd do differently from Kris, only because of my own memories: I'd use a wee scrap of jacquard fabric in a dark or rich color for behind the grill, and I'd use a piece of red or black thread for the dial. The four knobs were for volume, station selection, and fine tuning in two directional planes to get the best quality signal.

• Like 2