Toadstool Studios Inc.

beyondbaffled

Toadstool Studios dollhouse plans seem to be really hard to come by. The elusive #786 High Rise is my dream dollhouse find. Back in 2011 I actually spoke to (through email) the last person (that I could find) to sell a partially complete one, but they had bought it from someone else and didn't have the plans themselves. I have read random blog posts about the plans showing up on ebay both in 2007 and 2009.

I was looking at an auction for another set of Toadstool plans today and noticed on the front page it said Division of Rhine Corporation. I was wondering if anyone here had a set of Toadstool plans and if they have any further contact information - address, anything really. Even if the company hasn't existed for a while surely someone else bought out or inherited their stock or the rights to the plans themselves. I know I'm reaching here, but it doesn't hurt to try, right?

• Like 1

I have the Toadstool Studios Dutch Colonial plans...the info is: R.D. Dryman, Published by Toadstool Studios, 1739 West 99th Street, Chicago, IL60643. I bought this from ebay several years and plan to build it someday. Hope you can find something! Let us know if you do!

• Like 1

@thelittlethings - I saw the same auction, but I think I read that the plans were still sealed so I didn't want to ask the seller to open them.

@SallyG - thanks a bunch! I'm going to do some internet hunting. I'm 95% positive that I know the place who bought the partially built High Rise, but I think it would be really weird to contact a stranger about a dollhouse. Even weirder to say, "could I please come by and measure your dollhouse?" Lol!

Thanks Pam :) That page is where I've gotten most of measurements from. There is also a shipping page where companies bid to ship the house. I think I figured out the group home that it went to as well. From the info SallyG gave I found some newspaper articles from 1978 that gave the names of the directors and others who worked for Toadstool Studios. Nothing else yet, but I'll keep looking!

• 6 years later...

Hello! I too have recently acquired a house that i was told might be a Toadstool Productions Queen Anne. I Am super new to dollhouses and have some questions about how they were sold. Was Toadstool just selling plans, or parts as well? It seems that the house I got came with instructions and parts already cut.