Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

dollhouse_base.jpg

Greenleaf is proud to announce the start of our Seventh annual Spring Fling Contest! Last years contest was a blast and we can't wait to see what you do this year! Again, we have a ton of options that will allow those who are timid about kit bashing a chance to uniquely configure their entry. Of course, the base unit is all you need to compete and this year, we're continuing the prize category called "luck of the draw" which will be randomly selected. Also, because of our late start, we are extending the contest until Halloween! What a great way to end miniature month!

As in years past, we're keeping it interesting; we're going to name this new building after the winner! That's right, we'll rename it after you - for example, last years winner, April, renamed the project house to "Asahi Tea House". Asahi means morning sun and she felt like it was a good fit for a kit that was created during sunny summer mornings. It's your turn to be forever immortalized as part of the Greenleaf product line. Now how cool is that?

In a nutshell, just submit a picture of a scene with your project that must include the base house and you might win one of these great prizes below. The best news is that Greenleaf has put together a special deal on the Base Project kit for $19.95 with FREE SHIPPING on your entire order* (more details below)! So join us in the fun as we celebrate the change in seasons!

The Prizes

First Prize - A $500 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store
That's right, $500 to spend as you want in the Greenleaf Company Store! That's enough to buy our laser cut flagship model, the Beaumont Dollhouse Kit!

Second Prize - A $250 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store
That's right, $250 to spend as you want in the Greenleaf Company Store! That's enough to buy the Select Edition of the Brookwood Dollhouse! The Select Edition of the Brookwood Dollhouse is a special production run in which we upgrade the kit to the finest birch plywood we could find. It is back in stock and available here.

Third Prize - A $125 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store
That's right, $125 to spend as you want in the Greenleaf Company Store! That's enough to buy our Limited Edition Arthur Dollhouse or maybe a Deluxe Dollhouse Lighting Kit.

Luck of the Draw - A $50 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store
That's right, after the above winners have been selected, an entry will be pulled at random from the remaining field for $50 to spend as you want in the Greenleaf Company Store! That's enough to buy our new Laser Cut Half Scale Rosedale Dollhouse.

The Details

You will need a Spring Fling 2013 Base Contest Kit which is available at a special price of $19.95 with FREE SHIPPING to anywhere in the US*. Just go to the Greenleaf Insider Sale by May 19, 2013 and during the checkout process, enter the Promotion Code: SF2013

store-code-small.jpg

Enter here on the shipping page during checkout

Decorate your contest kit and include it in a scene, maybe next to your dollhouse or in a garden setting, whatever strikes your fancy. You can turn your project into ANYTHING your imagination can dream up. Please note there is only one entry per member.

Submit your 3 BEST pictures to thewinner@greenleafdollhouses.com by Halloween, October 31, 2013, with the words in the subject line "I'm a winner". You can include a short description of your project. Also, please include your name and shipping address. Your pictures will be posted by your first name and the first letter of your last name (eg. Dean R) or by your forum name if it is included (eg. Mini Man).

A select group of Greenleaf Staff, not Forum Staff, but the people that actually make your dollhouses, will select the winners.

The winners will be announced by the middle of November and all the submissions will be uploaded to a special gallery for all to enjoy!

Order your 2013 Spring Fling Contest House here for $19.95 with FREE SHIPPING*

Good Luck everyone!

Dean

*Greenleaf is providing a delivered price just for this contest at an amazing price. We're sorry that the free shipping only applies to US members. To our friends outside the US: As always, we encourage people around the world to participate in our Spring Fling contest. Special pricing on shipping is available, so please contact us at orders@greenleafdollhouses.com with what you would like to receive and we will provide you with a custom discounted shipping quote!
Please ignore the additional shipping shown at check out. It is a limitation of our system and we won't charge you the extra money.

• Like 4

Thanks for everything Dean and crew !!

You guys always outdo yourselves.

We all appreciate all the hard work you put into these contests - in spite of our toddler tantrums while we wait.

Forgive us for our impatience but know it's because we are just SO excited to be part of such a great place.

Thanks again !!!

• Like 2

That's a lovely kit Dean and all the add-ons are great, particularly the doors. Can't afford to enter this year but I'll be watching and following this thread as the contest progresses. Good luck everyone, have loads of fun and keep this thread going with sneak peeks and clues.

Thank you Dean and the great Greenleaf staff for another great project. For me it is a reminder of the shore in New Jersey were i grew up. I don't know if I can make it this year, space is a concern. Just wanted to voice my appreciation.

Gail :bear:

Such a wonderful kit with so many options! This could be made into so many different things! I already have mine about planned out. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Thanks to everyone at Greenleaf for their hard work Just so that we can play!

I do love the kit, certainly, but time constraints won't allow me to compete this year. I am looking forward to the frenzy, though! Should make for a fabulous Halloween! Go get 'em, Flingers!!!! :jumping:

• Like 2

I just posted a link to the kit on a Brit dh forum and they love it.

Thanks Jo! I'm sad that both you and brae are passing this year... I always look forward to your entries.

• Like 3

I just posted a link to the kit on a Brit dh forum and they love it.

Two minds one thought ;) just did the same thing in the Swedish forum as well, hopefully others from over here will discover the possibilities to build GLs kits

Trying to spread the word of the great avaliabilty of gorgeous mini houses with great bashing potential

Hugs

Since the other SF topic is now locked, let me once again offer my "consultation" services to all those who ask for them.

Before the millionaires and celebrities discovered Biscayne Bay it was once a wee fishing village...

• Like 2

I posted this at the very end of the thread that Dean closed so I thought I'd repost it here.

I had a very quick idea - sort of a kind of knee-jerk response to the Fling, but I really didn't want to build that kind of build.

So now I'm fighting with the very cool and very detailed and very distinct image in my head and raging dissent against building that type of build in my heart.

Go figure, I'd have to find a way to complicate my life even more. sigh ...

Anyone else having that kind of problem?

And Jo and Brae and Teresa - please reconsider ... we need you in the Fling - it's a tradition. It won't be the same without you. Pretty please with spackle on top !

• Like 3

Aww Selkie you are so sweet. I am building my Arsenic and Old Lace room box which I think will take most of the summer and just can't afford to have 2 projects on the go. I'll be on the sidelines cheering you all on as I'm sure will Brae and Teresa.

I think I had the same problem last year that you are having this year. I could only see one possibility, a garden room; it wouldn't go away no matter how many suggestions I had on my ideas list. In the end I just went with it but gave it a different bohemian twist that enthused me personally and I thoroughly enjoyed it after that. Good luck, I think deciding what to do is probably the hardest bit, once you have a vision it will flow like fine wine - cheers.

Well, I see this house turning into several different things... Including a "Bait Shop" for fishing. I have a super long list of things this can be. I keep hearing the song "Under the Boardwalk" by the Drifters every time I see the pictures :D

• Like 4

Oh, I have a solid idea for the kit...it's just the pesky having to work for a living that's calling the shots. :lol: If I had a wealthy benefactor and all my time to mini, then it would be no problem. :ohyeah:

• Like 4

Why does this happen to me? Why does GL make such awesome kits?

Sigh. I have two other houses to finish and no track record of being quick about any of it. But...I have such a fun idea... :D

• Like 1

I understand too busy to fling and this years kit might feel a bit overwhelming. The main piece is a perfect roombox type structure. For anyone with no time and no money, we have over 5 months. Check your list. Maybe there's a 'must build' on there which you have forgotten about.

• Like 1