New trash to treasures

Selkie

Here are three recycle items that I thought might be worth sharing.
This is the innards to one of my inhalers. After I dropped it and it popped open, I was intrigued with the look of the insides. Maybe a steam producing something or other or some other important gadget.

These are little covers to kiddos applesauce containers. They look like wheels or gears or something to me. They have threaded interiors so they could be connected to other things easily to create a wheel base.

These are slivers of wood cut off some picture molding I was using. They would be perfect for coffee table or end table legs or even a smaller size chair. The molding in the picture is NOT the one I cut it from. I was trying to show reference for size of the type of moldings.

• Like 3

I have three different ones. That one is Spiriva. I haven't found anything interesting on the others yet. Course I haven't dropped them and split them open yet either. haha

• Like 1

Mine is Asmanex and I have taken one apart and could not find anything I felt could be used for much in mini-ing. I was just a little disappointed. I do keep eyeing it and thinking there MUST be some way I could use some part of it. The right idea just hasn't hit me yet. LOL.

Maybe the plastic holders could be trash receptacles like the kind in a public restroom - just add the flippy do-hicky that closes over the opening. Or what about those public mail boxes on the street corners where you put your mail to go to the post office.

Don't you just love it when you take something apart and discover it can be used as a mini??? I like the molding "legs"!!! I am always looking for something like those to make tables. Thanks for sharing these neat ideas! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I will try the feet from trim idea. I will call them "Selkie feet"

Thanks - it was really "discovered" by accident from trimming some molding I was making for some shelves for a RL project.

Love it when it happens that way.

I'm saving all my inhaler parts now. Great ideas from everyone.

My albuterol inhalers look like sidewalk mailboxes or covered trashcans that you find in the drive through lanes. I'm saving those too.

Never know when you'll need one. Mine come in different colors, so far I have red, orange and two shades of blue but I suspect the spray paint for plastic would work to create whatever you wanted.