Swiffer Sheets Are For Cleaning????

wenlaine

Wendy, it's all gorgeous! The beds look so comfy and real you could just curl up on them. I love the wallpaper in the hall(?) with the Gore Park painting. Wonderful job! :o

I'm not sure what a tutorial should consist of but I just glued 3 pieces of lace to the frame of the bed. After covering the mattress with an old sheet I had, I cut a piece of foam for a pillow then covered them with a swiffer sheet. The sheets don't need to be trimmed or cut for a double bed, they fit perfectly. For the single bed, I trimmed some off the side. Crocheted the blankets, folded them up and put them at the bottom of the beds. Where the swiffer sheet didn't lay flat on the sides, I used a touch of wax to hold it in place.

Tracy, I have no doubts that your beds always look beautiful.

Thanks also, annamommynous for the kind words.

You are so sweet. My beds looked like my 8 year old did it LOL.

Shesh, I think she even does better than me. She has a little sewing maching. I don't like sewing anymore LOL.

Thanks for giving us the info on how to do it! It's really nice!

Wendy, being Canadian myself, I'm wondering . . . it's been a while since I was in school B) . . . who was the first Prime Minister of Canada? I'll be up all night wondering! :D

Oh stupid me . . . that's what the internet is for!!

Hey, I didn't realize he was on the $10 bill!! I sure miss 'pretty' Canadian money! :D

Hi Teresa, without looking it up on the net, I'm sure it was Sir Allan MacNab. This castle is a museum and all of the furnishings are originals. If you should ever get to Ontario, you've got to go through it, it's beautiful.

Ohhh Teresa, now I really feel I must go back and study Canadian history. It seems that Sir Allan MacNab was Premier of Upper Canada rather than Prime Minister. The difference of which I have no idea. But I stand corrected. Now I have to go and change that on all the photos.

Wendy

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

:D I cannot believe that people can make such awesome items for their Houses. Does that sound stupid???? I never even thought about where the furniture came from or that someone-even I- could make things. Your site has wonderful items.I'm so impressed by

everything. I'm new to this hobby-or rather way of life-but I'm learning that I need to open up the creative mind that I hope I have.LOL. Thank you for sharing!!

So I don't have to dust with those stupid sheets or do the dance, HUH? Wait till hubby finds out where his sheets are going!! LOL I always love your work Wendy! You are an inspiration to all of us! It's so much fun when you can use household items as you said.

The bedding is beautiful - what a clever idea. It looks just like a little quilt.

The whole house is beautiful - I really liked the floors, and the window shades, the handmade sofa and chair, and a lot more. You must be very proud!

:D