Eye Candy of my Orchid

whippet-gal

Just thought I'd share some pics with you all of my Orchid. It's pretty much finished outside - no weathering for this baby!

I'm making the inside into a rather up-market hat shop - not that I have any idea of what an up-market hat shop looks like.

Making the hats, hat boxes & fixtures will now be an ongoing project, as I like to have lots of different things to do, then I can match my mood to my 'work'.

post-313-1171101653_thumb.jpg

post-313-1171101670_thumb.jpg

post-313-1171101688_thumb.jpg

post-313-1171101703_thumb.jpg

post-313-1171101725_thumb.jpg

Here's the spiral staircase I made from a plastic fan - it took forever to do & it's not finished as I don't want to fix it in, until I sort out where I want mirrors & shelves etc.

post-313-1171101736_thumb.jpg

I've been working on my Aster (new kit ;) ) and have added the roof onto Grosvenor Hall - pics in my blog.

Jackie

Very lovely! I really like the staircase. I want to do something like that in my Washington, I think. Did you do a tutorial, or are there pics of how you did that? I was "pricing" a spiral staircase the other day and decided a bought one was not on my horizon just yet! ;)

OH my, I really, really like what you have done with your Orchid, it sure is lovley!!!!

Love the idea of a hatshop as well!!! I am thinking of adding a real small hat shop in my "mall" kind of building (Her Highness that is, sorry about that LOL) and one of the room is sighing when I think of it as a archeologist office and keeps whispering about it wanting to be a millinery shop...

Since I have made oodles of hat stands from those golfpegs I just might ahve to listen...

Looking forward seeing your hat shop take shape in there, the stair case is great!

Hugs

Jackie your house is Beautiful!!! I have some pictures that might help you get some ideas for your hat shop.

The little lady that owns the little mini shop that I go to turned a huge Lithograph Bodo Hennig house into a Harrod's Dept. Store. On one of the floors she had a ladies hat shop. Here are a few pictures.

aaaa-mazing work, the house glows! and of course i love those stairs, and the colors, and the feel of the place, and the plant is such a chi-chi touch.

thank you! can't wait to see more.

Thank you so much, everyone, for your very kind comments about the Orchid.

I just followed a lot of advice :banana: and, yes, the outside is spackle (now, where would that idea have come from? - the Spackle Queen, maybe? :wub: )

I didn't think about photographing the making of the spiral staircase, as it was more playing about with bits & pieces to see if I could make one. I think the idea of using the spines from a cheap plastic fan came from a Patricia King book.

It wasn't hard to make, I'll make some notes & post them.

Thanks, again for your encouragement - I really appreciate it.

Jackie

The Queen of Spackling Compound thanks Jackie for doing such a splendid job with her favorite medium, and for the unabashed plug for her FAVORITE mini-maker! Were it not for Patricia King I doubt I'd ever have tried to make anything on my own.