Washington dollhouse 2.0 - yay!

Elsbeth

What style would you say this house is? At first I thought "colonial" - but only because George Washington was on the brain.

I can't really tell what (if any) style it is.

Anyone have any guesses?

It's cute.

I wish they'd do a Jefferson 2.0!

When the first pic came up where it was all stained brown my daughter said it looked like a cukoo clock. And then I imagined pinnocchio sleeping upstairs with the blue fairy over his bed and Gepetto downstairs asleep over a stack of toys. But that's just my crazy head. Besides I have a disney ornament set screaming to be seen more than just on christmas! :wave:

I found it!! I knew this house reminded me of something! Check it out....

The Washington:

And the house from the movie, "A Christmas Story":

Now wouldn't that just be a fun mini to do!! I've even seen the leg lamp in mini at various online stores.

Deb

That is an uncanny likeness to the christmas story house.

Well my first one said it wanted to be a haunted house (plus I didn't have the experience or knowledge to repair the damage from its first owner). I hear one calling me now and saying it wants to be another fantasy house or fairy tale house. Maybe add more gingerbread and make it a victorian style cottage. Who knows. So many ideas.

Well my first one said it wanted to be a haunted house. I hear one calling me now and saying it wants to be a farmhouse.

The best words in the world are "Get two". :lol: Does this mean that we'll be looking forward to double the eye candy from you?

Deb

Deb that is a great idea!

Get some hound dogs, Christmas tree, pink bunny suit, Big radio, soot coming up from the furnace, and dont forget the all important Red Ryder BB gun!

A real authentic 1940s house. Every time i watch that movie I sometimes think about my mother. She was a 1940s housewife.

It makes me think of a Depression-era farmhouse. I love the kit, it's very nostalgic! I love "A Christmas Story" too since it was filmed in my hometown of Cleveland OH and the opening shots of the Terminal Tower, Public Square and the old Higbees department store are a blast from the past, as is the scene where the mom is bundling the kid up in the snowsuit and scarf, and when she's done he can't put his arms down. I always laugh at that scene!

hear one calling me now and saying it wants to be another fantasy house or fairy tale house.
I've heard one telling me it wants to come home with me to let me play with it, and so far it's murmuring fairy tales at me.

If I didn't already have this house i'd snatch one up really quickly right now! It's a great price especially with the free shipping! I'm thinking about getting one from Greenleaf tho sometime soon, it's a cute house with so many possibilites and the price is great!

I've ordered mine too!!!

Deb, you're absolutely right ... that's what the Washington reminded me of too....the Christmas Story House. Thanks for helping me connect the dots!!!!

-Susanne

It's sooooooooo cool to hear so many people saying they're getting this house and hear the ideas for building it. I'm really looking forward to the eye candy as we start building them.

I was looking at it again tonight and it occured to me that I know a little girl who seriously needs a dollhouse and I think I'll build this one for her. I gotta talk to her Gramma to make sure her Dad has space for it, but it has such a neat and tidy footprint (20x15), that it would fit nicely into even a small space. Christin is 9 years old and I think this would be a perfect starter dollhouse for her. Not too big.....not too small...........just right. Kathy (her Gramma) is coming up this weekend, so we can plan it's decor and style while she's here.

Deb

For whatever reason it reminds me of Red Ridinghood's grannie's house, or that of the three bears. I didn't even think of the Christmas story, since I've never watched enough of the movie to remember any of it (except the little brother in the snowsuit & the "triple-dog-dare" with the cops & teachers trying to get the kid's tongue unstuck).

I ordered mine, too. I thought it was a perfect house for building my first dollhouse. I am attracted to it for the size and small footprint. I also was born on George Washington's birthday so felt the pull to order it. I have had several kits, but haven't built one yet. This one I will! I'm ready to get started.