• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 F4vrYoung

F4vrYoung

• Gold Member
  • 62 posts
  • Local time: 05:57 AM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:34 PM

Does any one know of a place to download printable shingles?

#2 justmesue

justmesue

• Platinum Member
  • 7262 posts
  • Local time: 07:57 AM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:13 PM

I don't know of a place to print shingles. I'm assuming however, that you'd like to make your own out of cardboard? If you were to cut out, a bunch of equal size rectangles, on cardstock, or heavy bristle board , and glue them in shingle manner, I see no reason, it wouldn't work. Remember to stagger them, and keep the same overlap. The size for rectangular shingles is 1 and 1/2 inch long by 3/4 inch wide. Hope this helps.
SUE

#3 Anna

Anna

The thrifty witch

• Platinum Member
  • 11946 posts
  • Local time: 01:57 PM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:55 AM

It depends on the scale you are after, Jim's printable at www.printmini.com has shingles sized fora dollhouse dollhouse so to speak :)

Hugs
Anna, http://nao-mini.com/
My Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com...h_shop_redirect
Fairy name Gossamer Moonfly

#4 havanaholly

havanaholly

Cousin Farfrom Normal, Queen of Spackle

• Team Master Builder
  • 54150 posts
  • Local time: 06:57 AM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

If they weren't so easy to make OR if I were working in a small scale the printie shingles would work as well.
havanaholly
working as little as possible

#5 dbrazelt

dbrazelt

• Gold Member
  • 236 posts
  • Local time: 07:57 AM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:19 PM

If this is for your Special House project, I think that you can make the proper shingles easily yourself.

I use either sandpaper or craft paper and cut a strip of the width for the scale (1 inch for 1"=1'; 1/2 inch for 1/2"=1'; and so forth on down the scale. (By the way, rarely will this come out even with the paper you are using. Don't throw away the scrapped strips) I take the strips several at a time and use paper clamps (paperclips will work but not as well) to hold them as I uss scissors to cut slices about 3/4 way thru. This is a time you can sit back, watch TV and cut shingle strips.

When you have enough, then you can start at the bottom of the roof. First, lay a strip of the discards from above (I told you not to throw them away) at the bottom of the roof. Next, run a line of glue just above them and one at the first line you should have drawn before this all started.
Dave GSOLFOT
www.homestead.com/davesminiplace
dbrazelt@tampabay.rr.com

Have a great day!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users